APPLICATIONS FOR THE CHERYL STRAYED/VIDA SCHOLARSHIP ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
The Cheryl Strayed/VIDA Memoir Scholarship will provide for one recipient the full registration fee for the Wild Mountain Memoir Retreat, March 15-17th 2013. The scholarship, provided by an anonymous donor, will be awarded to a female writer of demonstrated financial need and literary promise.
Individuals wishing to be considered for the Cheryl Strayed/VIDA Memoir Scholarship need to email the required documents listed below in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wild Mountain Memoir Retreat Scholarship” in the subject line by midnight on Thursday, February 14th:
- a cover page with the applicant’s name, address, phone number, and email address
- a copy of the top page of the applicant’s 2011 or 2012 tax return
- (optional) a 50-word max. statement of any extenuating financial circumstances the applicant wishes to share
- a one-page (double-spaced 12- point font) Statement of Intent/Project Description
- a ten-page writing sample of memoir (double-spaced 12- point font)
The recipient, selected by a group of judges made up of VIDA board members, will be announced on the Wild Mountain Memoir Retreat website by the end of February 2013. The scholarship covers the cost of the retreat registration package, which includes lodging (a lower bunk in the women’s bunkhouse) at the Sleeping Lady Resort, all meals during the retreat stay, all aspects of the retreat program including the retreat classes and the keynote talk by Cheryl Strayed, and transportation between Seattle and the Sleeping Lady resort on the chartered coach.